Everest College - Arlington (Mid Cities) Campus
Everest College - Arlington (Mid Cities)
The Everest College Mid Cities campus in Arlington, Texas, puts community first. From getting quality career training into the hands of the community to traditional outreach efforts, the staff and students at the Mid Cities campus are always trying to improve the community.
Students are a valuable part of the community efforts. Medical assistant students conduct health screenings at area homeless shelters, the HVAC students conduct checks to the residents of local seniors to ensure heating, ventilation and air conditioning appliances are functioning properly, and the electrician students conduct minor wiring checks and electrical repairs as needed.
The campus also puts a premium on quality education and offers tutoring upon request to students to ensure success through its Student Services department or through instructors.
The Mid Cities campus also has a number of other community and campus affiliations and activities including:
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce in Texas
- Metroplex Association of Career Schools (MACS)
- National Association of Health Professionals
- Blood drives
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life walk for cancer awareness
- Ambassador students raise money for Student Services to aid with gas money, jacket drives for coats, cap and gown costs, and more for disadvantaged students
- Donations and collections to various local women's shelters
- Salvation Army (through MACS) sent 200 kids to camp through donations
- Moslah Shrine Center of Fort Worth, Texas, coordinated donations to send kids to the circus
- Conduct a quarterly unified effort to raise funds for the Genesis Women's Shelter (through MACS)
- Toys for Tots drive
Campus Activities and Calendar Events:
- Children's activities
- Christmas — Santa Clause arrives by helicopter to give out candy
- Easter egg hunt
- Halloween trick-or-treat
- Thanksgiving dinner provided for the entire campus
- Veterans Day — Observes and supports the local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapters
- Annual summer picnic hosted by Student Services
- Student Services car pool program assists students in need of transportation
About the Mid Cities Campus and Arlington, Texas:
Everest's Mid Cities campus shares a rich history as part of the Arlington Historic Society's tour. The campus sits on the now defunct W.T. Waggoner Arlington downs racetrack with only the original watering trough still standing.
The campus is approximately 12 miles east of downtown Fort Worth and 20 miles west of Dallas and is located within a mile or less of some well-known area landmarks, including the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the Ameriquest Field which is the home of the Texas rangers; Six Flags Amusement Park; and Hurricane Harbor Water Park.
Texas Student Complaint Policy:
For more information, visit our Regulatory page with information on the Texas Student Complaint Policy for the Arlington Mid Cities campus.
Programs offered at this campus:
|Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)|
|Medical Administrative Assistant|
|Medical Insurance Billing and Coding|