Everest Institute - Rochester Campus
Everest Institute - Rochester
Everest Institute, based in Rochester NY, was founded in 1863 under the name of Rochester Commercial College. In 1896, it was changed to Rochester Business Institute. The campus is rich with history, and provides excellent career training and life skills needed to help students excel in their chosen field.
Rochester campus of Everest Institute has always been a trendsetting institution. According to the school's historical records:
- It was one of the first schools to form a clear philosophy of business education.
- Its two previous owners wrote the first textbooks on teaching business subjects.
- The Institute wrote and published its own textbooks during the college textbook shortages in the late 1800s.
- Co-educational learning was introduced when women were allowed admission in 1883.
- Rochester was the first school in the nation to offer a program for training new business teachers that drew students from all over the world.
- It was the only business school in the country selected to teach civilian pilot training during World War II.
- It was approved by the Regents of the University of the State of New York to offer associate degrees in 1973. In 1996, Rhodes Business Group, Inc., purchased the campus, and by 2006, it was renamed as Everest Institute.
The Institute boasts faculty members and a management team with many years of educational experience and the campus has two fully equipped and handicapped accessible campus buildings located in Irondequoit, N.Y. Additionally, it provides spacious classrooms, lab rooms, a student lounge and administrative areas. A large, on-site library offers a vast selection of general collection materials, a law library, and access to several electronic references databases.
About Rochester, N.Y.
Rochester is in the center of a metropolitan area, which includes Genesee County, Livingston County, Ontario County, Orleans County and Wayne County. The suburbs take in Brighton, Chili, East Rochester, Fairport, Gates, Greece, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Penfield, Pittsford and Webster.
Become part of the community at the Rochester campus of Everest Institute. Ask to speak with campus representative for more information.
Programs offered at this campus:
|Administrative Office Technology|
|Computer Information Science - Programming|
|Medical Insurance Billing and Coding|