Everest College - Santa Ana Campus
Everest College - Santa Ana
Understanding the community is an important part of any addition to the local landscape, and the Santa Ana campus of Everest College wants to be a part of the community and drive change that will make a difference in the lives of its people.
Whether partnering with community services like High School Inc., part of the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce education initiative, or through old-fashioned efforts to help struggling people, Santa Ana students can get involved to help others in the community or even one of their own.
Some of the ways campus staff and students plan to participate include:
Tutoring - The campus plans to have a full-time tutors on staff, such as the department chair of each program. Tutors are available as needed to help students with specific program or course needs.
Charitable and Community Affiliations - Everest faculty and students also participate in:
- National Latina Business Women Association
- Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce (a.k.a. the Greater Santa Ana Business Alliance)
- High School Inc., part of the Santa Ana Chamber's education initiative
- Massage Envy, a partner of Everest campuses that offers conditional employment to Massage Therapy program graduates in the chain's clinics
- Dress for Success Closet helps Everest students dress properly when attending job interviews
- Javits helps students learn to properly put on makeup for job interviews
Community Health Efforts
- Red Cross Blood Drive - The school will host a blood drive for students and faculty to donate blood.
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Students in the Massage Therapy program show appreciation to campus and local community teachers with massages.
- Knotty to Nice - The Massage Therapy students go into malls to help with tired holiday shoppers.
- Marathons - Participants are the benefit of a therapeutic massage during races.
Holiday Activities - Many calendar events are planned throughout the year at the Santa Ana campus. Some of those include:
- Year-round fundraising for students in need
- Monthly activities based on seasonality
- Monthly student appreciation days
- Valentine's day - Student Ambassadors make and share candy grams
- Spring Open House - Bring a friend to school
- Holiday toy drive
- Santa visits to kids during the holiday
Student Ambassador Program - Leaders from within the classroom function as a peer-to-peer support network through Student Services. Many efforts by the Student Ambassadors serve to help support, motivate, recognize and appreciate students.
Everest CAREs - We all have those days. Everest understands. Everest's CARE Student Assistance Program provides assistance to any student experiencing a challenging situation that could get in the way of completing their educational goals. From support groups, women's shelters, interviewing skills, housing, childcare resources, legal support services and more, they are there to help.
Career Placement Services - This service teaches students how to navigate job boards, assists with resumé writing, offers job interview tips and helps potential candidates make a good impression with professional wardrobe advice.
Regional Interest - Located near a MetroLink station stop and an OCTA bus stop in front of the campus, the Santa Ana campus is located in the heart of downtown near the federal buildings, the Artists Village, and plenty of restaurants. A bonus feature, the campus has its own parking structure with additional overfill parking located a few blocks away.
Santa Ana Campus History
The Santa Ana campus opened in 2010 and is a branch of Everest College located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The campus is located in downtown Santa Ana in the attractive Civic Center Professional Plaza and occupies 37,116 square feet. School facilities have been designed for training students in a variety of programs.
Programs offered at this campus: